Springrolls

This is a recipe of Michael (his channel name on You Tube is Freitas-Ex). Later I'm gonna add more info or vids cuz I always like to experiment a little bit, just to have the perfect taste or, you might say, my own taste. Also saw a cookingdemonstration with springrolls just with chicken and mango. New to me, but it looked delish.. So an update will follow.




Ingredients:

1 package egg roll wrappers
4 ounces rice sticks (or you could use cabbage)
1/2 pound shrimp
1/2 pound ground pork mince
salt
6 or 7 green onions
3 cloves garlic
1 and 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup grated carrot
8 water chestnuts chopped (I just did not have any)
beaten egg for sealing egg roll wrappers
vegetable oil for frying

I fried mine for 3 minutes @ 375F

Dipping Sauce:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons Mirin
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 clove garlic

Note**** I should have used 1/2 cup brown sugar instead of the 1/4 cup for more sweetness****


I have some links, but not yet really get into it... have to see - later - if it is useful.
Mijn receptenboek
Indonesisch culinair

Also saw recipes how to make your own wraps.... hmm, not for me. I am very content with the (frozen ready made) ones I can buy at the Chinese supermarkets. These are good enough for me.. easy and crispy.
It amazes me that in some recipes people still use vetsin. I say. DONT. Not so good for your health and especially if you have an allergy for it. Read more.